Thursday, June 16, 2011

Best of Annapolis Party

The Best of Annapolis Party by What's Up? Magazine was hoppin' tonight. A crowded party is usually not my scene, but a food lover just can't resist a tasting party.


The theme was Paris to Annapolis... which I didn't quite get, but the decor was super-cute with red crabs crawling up an Eiffel Tower.


I got a few shots as we quickly grabbed food from the "Best" restaurant food stations. Paladar was serving their famous fresh guac with homemade yucca and plantain chips. These chips are so addicting!


Tonight I got my first taste of Davis' Pub - and I liked it. I knew I would, everyone has been telling me a visit is long overdue. At the party, Davis' featured pulled pork on a red cabbage slaw. The barbeque sauce was surprisingly light and not at all heavy and syrupy. This was more like a Carolina-style.


The real show-stealer was Main Ingredient's burnt sugar cheesecake. The perfect marriage of two of my favorite desserts. Speaking of marriage, I wouldn't mind this for a wedding cake. It was so good, and I ate it so fast that I barely got a picture!


Party on, Annapolis, and keep making that awesome food. (So I can eat it.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for shopping Groceries at Midnight!