Sunday, June 12, 2011

Your Regularly Scheduled Programming

Sunday is Service Industry Night at Ram's Head, a little way to give back to the hard-working cooks and servers that make our culinary dreams come true whenever we eat out. Employees of the service industry bring their pay stubs and get special deals on drinks and food on S.I.N. night.

My night was sinful for another reason: I satisfied my craving for some good old fashioned bar food.

Crisp Fordham Light

This night, I was in the mood for meat. Only the Tavern Burger could satisfy my longing for beef. With their burger, Ram's Head suggests a pairing of Fordham Light, which I gladly took to heart.

Prankster Perogies

No SINful food odyssey at this bar would be complete without an appetizer of the "prankster" potato perogies. 

cool sour cream
Light, fluffy potato and cheddar are encased in a crispy shell that is salty with just the right crunch. Sour cream is served on the side for dipping and a tangy kick.


"It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!"
The Tavern Burger is what a burger should be: cooked to order, topped the way you want it, and meaty with all those savory juices locked in. This isn't a lean, wimpy burger. It's 100% ground beef heaven cooked on a flat griddle in its own awesomeness. I say: craving satisfied.

White American Cheese melts deliciously
The bun is also toasted, which I think is a very nice touch. Toasting the bread helps it to stand up to the cheese, juices, and any other toppings you may put on your burger. Like me and my ketchup smiley face... because I eat like a kid and at heart I am one too.


Yes, I'm still a child.

Ram's Head has healthier and more sophisticated dishes, but it's also the perfect place for your good ol' bar food. And home to the area's best happy hour, with free - yes, that's right you heard me - free - no there's really no catch I promise - free food on weekday evenings.

So as you discover the wonderful food our town has to offer, please remember to tip your waitperson. Then later, you can join them at S.I.N. night and see just why they need that hard-earned gratuity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for shopping Groceries at Midnight!