Friday, April 22, 2011

Honey Bunny!

My honey bunny is here! Great Harvest Bread Company is just around the corner from us, which is lucky around holiday time as they always have a special bakery item for you to take home for your very own. Ordering and paying in advance means that you just show up and pick up the day you choose, when you will have inevitably already spent your budget on other grocery items. So convenient.



The only thing that bothers me about my big bunny is the placement of his ears. And here's why:



The whole reason I wanted Mr. Bunny was thanks to the recipe on this flyer. But with bunny's ears lying  right over the 'bowl' of his body, cutting his back out for the dip is going to prove a tricky task.

I'm hoping I can maneuver his ears out of the way so that everyone can at least see what he's supposed to be before devouring the delicious rabbit.

The worst part is the waiting. I really just want to rip him apart and taste, but I must refrain until I can share him with my friends and family. I'm also still up in the air about the dip I want to fill him with; spinach is not my favorite, but a good back-up.

On another note, Happy Earth Day! Today, Starbucks offered free brewed coffee or tea if you brought in your own reusable container. I'm always looking out for little freebies like that. We were out and about during this dreary, rainy day, so I guess we saved some energy that way. But, I'm unfortunately being a bit of an energy hog this evening and self-cleaning the already scrubbed oven which was still smoking when I tried to attempt popovers again. And just about dying from the fumes. Ughck! It's times like these when I wish our tiny apartment had more windows.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for shopping Groceries at Midnight!