Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Reviving the Market House

It's back.


Native Annapolitans are attached to memories of the old Market House, and if I may be so bold, I think the mayor is with them. From pieces of the plan I heard today, I'm hoping "Phase Two" will be a direct response to all the whispers in the crowd saying "It's not the old market house."

For the next six months, we have this Market House, and that's what so many locals came out to see earlier today. Today's Market revived the community feel with local businesses striving towards sustainability.



The biggest change came when you walked through the door. Cold. Ah, that blissful air conditioning. Right now, there's not really any inside seating but I hope that changes so diners can soak up the cool while they enjoy their food.



I was excited to finally try b.b. bistro - it's right around the corner from us but only open while we are at work, so we haven't been by yet. I was refreshed by a sweet-and-sour berry iced tea and a cold salad.

Leafy Green Romaine! You know how I feel about that. :)

My chicken Caesar salad came ready in a to-go container and featured a light version of Caesar dressing, home-made croutons, and may I say leafy green romaine lettuce. The container made dressing it easy, just pour and shake! I did feel I had to do some of the work cutting up my chicken breast, but I was appeased by the freshness of it. The salad was crafted in-house, not store-bought preserved food thrown together. That's really what you look for in a local restaurant and that's why I have hope in the future of this new Market House.


It's only been one day, but from my experience I think it was a good one. Will the good luck stick?

What did you think of opening day?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for shopping Groceries at Midnight!